Test Prep Stars Jerry Silverstein & Irwin Dolgoff
Academic Achievement Directors Jerry Silverstein, M.S. and Irwin Dolgoff, M.S. are known as “test prep stars” to the thousands of parents and high school students they’ve guided over the years.
With extensive continuous research, Jerry and Irwin have been preparing students for the SAT and ACT exams in both the New York and New Jersey area since 1975. Students achieve the confidence to succeed on the SAT exam, secure in the knowledge that they are prepared to reach their maximum potential.
What sets Academic Achievement apart from other SAT / ACT Prep courses?
Jerry and Irwin solely teach all courses in an engaging workshop-type environment motivating students to work up to their full capacity and increase their scores by 150 points or more.
- Their intensive 24-hour course prepares the student both academically and emotionally to handle the rigors of the exam.
- Classes are offered three times per year on weeknights and weekends at conveniently located centers throughout New York and New Jersey. Make-up classes are available also.
- Courses are affordable and guarantee an opportunity to retake selected sessions or the entire course for free.
- They allow for individual needs by providing additional materials to meet each student's requirements. The directors are available before and after class to discuss and remediate any difficulties students might have.
- A practice test at the final session is scored and evaluated ensuring optimum performance on the actual exam.
Flexible and Affordable Plans
There are some options available to suit the needs of each student. Plans start at $625 which include all books and materials. There are no hidden fees. Students may retake the entire classroom training experience. Other plans include private tutoring, college advisement, and assistance with the college essay.
Jerry Silverstein taught for 37 years in NYC Public Schools system and earned a BA and MS degrees in Education. He specializes in creating individualized scholastic programs for students with a wide range of academic ability, ranging from the learning disabled to the intellectually gifted. He has lectured extensively on the SAT and has conducted numerous workshops on test-taking skills and strategies. Jerry was elected Teach Of The Year in his school district.
Irwin Dolgoff was an administrator and teacher of mathematics in the Englewood Cliffs Public Schools, received his BS degree in Education, an MS in Remedial and Developmental Reading, and an Advanced Certificate in Administration and Supervision. He is certified as a Principal in New Jersey and New York and is licensed in Reading, Secondary Mathematics, and Special Education. He has written many federally funded proposals concerning remedial and developmental programs.